A few parties ago I decided to experiment with making hard tac, a Scandivavian crisp bread. I took left over mashed potatoes, added more butter, salt and enough flour to make a moist dough consistancy to roll out thin with a rolling pin. I baked it at about 400 degrees until crispy and brown. It was a big hit.
Since then, I have make this same crisp bread using other ingredients. Today I used a large can of Sweet Potatoes as my base, added melted butter, salt and flours(wheat and white) until it became a moist doughy consistency. Rolled it out with flour until thin, and baked at 400 degrees, turning it once. Voila! So good!
I'm thinking about cutting it into a large circle next time, with a smaller one in the center like they did historically in Sweden. Fun to experiment!
We have acquired some extra furniture lately after June's passing. While we hold it in safe keeping for one of the sibs, we're putting it to use. Here's what was Stina's room or our guest room until she returns from Germany. I have a hard time staying out of it!
No comments:
Post a Comment