Monday, September 6, 2010

Biking Beauty


Eric and I headed up to the La Crosse, WI area to bike on some of our state's wonderful bike trails this weekend. On this day we did the Great River Trail and biked from Midway to Trempealeau.





It was hard work for me(I don't bike to work 9 miles everyday like Eric) but felt much stronger by day two. Eric just rolled along effortlessly it seemed. We had no guilt in enjoying this amazing cranberry cake with a butter cream sauce when we stopped for a late lunch at the Trempealeau Hotel!












Off trail in this area after leaving Elroy nearly killed me! But "Oh the scenery,"Eric kept reminding me! (I wanted to remind him that I could wring his neck!)



This was the zanniest place. They serve coffee "enhanced" with some kind of mushroom that the barista said would make us feel HAPPY!


Gotta love our State! and all it has to offer.......And now I have already forgotten the pain, and can appreciate the Gain!!

1 comment:

TinaH said...

Wow, gorgeous photos! !