Friday, December 11, 2009

Advent Beauty in Our Home


I love the daily unfolding of holiday decorations in our home. We carry on a tradition Eric's father Albin first started in Eric's childhood home. His dad would engage the kids in cutting designs in folded paper, much like snowflakes and tape them to their large horizontal windows.


For years we have done something similar but instead have created lace-like paper cuts to border the windows and add snowflakes to the center. Originally we copied the designs from a Swedish paper cut book, which we can't seem to find right now.(Have we lent it to you?)

Heads up! Santa Lucia Day is on Sunday the 13th!

1 comment:

Tina said...

I love these photos! Just a lovely view at winter out the window and the simplicity and beauty of the paper decorations. I am inspired! Just was practicing paper snowflakes last night!